Cincinnati Bell Technician - I NOC Monitoring & Surveillance in Chennai, India
The eNOC Monitoring & Surveillance Specialist is responsible for the overall monitoring and surveillance of the HT network. Responsibilities include providing tier 1 support to engineering, field operations, central office operations, customer operations, and switching functions through remote monitoring and surveillance. Tier 1 support functions include switching, transport operations, network surveillance, central office equipment installation, Next Generation services (Video, VoIP, and MPLS based Services), and network monitoring. This job includes network provisioning, remote maintenance, database management as well as administration and management of associated Network Management systems required to respond to internal and external alarmed event.
The Specialist will be required to work in a team environment to support new technology deployments, the Network Operations Center (NOC), Sales/Marketing initiatives, and Field Technicians/Contact Centers to increase revenues, customer service levels, and customer satisfaction indices.
Responsible to provide Network Monitoring and Surveillance Tier 1 Support in the NOC (60%):
- Respond to phone calls & especially trouble calls.
- Analyze and respond to network outages, Network alarm events, and engage remotely to reduce/restore service impact and perform proactive network analysis to improve Network Reliability.
- Create/update/complete trouble tickets; update and follow up on outstanding tickets and perform escalation to Lead Specialists for additional assistance.
- Network Outage management: Coordination of outage bridges, resources, restoration efforts, and escalations to NOC Lead Specialists, Technical and Vendor Support. Document and track events.
Improve Network Operations awareness and implement corrective actions (30%):
- Implement proactive measures to prevent/minimize repeat occurrences, and follow-through on recommendations thru preventive maintenance techniques/routines as directed by Lead Specialists and Technical Support.
- Implement department directives as declared by project teams that drive network transformation and improve the business.
- Provide Network Operations Center trouble history and performance reports.
Network Management Tier 1 Support and administrative growth (10%):
- Provide 24x7 on-call support for network outages, significant environmental events, and NOC relief support.
- Create/review documentation including network diagrams, work instructions, and process. enhancements for support, provisioning & alarming of network elements and supported services.
- Conduct and attend train the trainer sessions for supported network elements and products.
- Two years of College or Technical School resulting in an Associate's Degree or equivalent
- 2 to 3 years of experience
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong Sense of Accountability
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans daily work activities; uses time efficiently; organizes or schedules their own tasks
- Ability to work independently - with minimal direction including follow-up
- Decision making - makes sound, well informed, fact-based decisions
- Results-driven with a sense of urgency
- Change Management -- adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Strong attention to detail--accurate data gathering, insightful analysis, ability to manage logistics and tactical details with flawless execution
- Excellent interpersonal communication, teamwork, and project management skills required
- Proven track record in working effectively with cross-functional groups, sales organizations, and operations
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision
- Possesses the appropriate level of technical/functional expertise and knowledge
- Understands and applies procedures, regulations, and policies related to areas of specialized expertise
- Utilizes technology-based tools and processes
- Continuous learning and development
- Customer service focus and orientation
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Strong presentation skills with an emphasis on leading and facilitating discussions, directing meetings, and documenting follow-up requirements.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Exhibits objectivity and openness to other's views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Process-oriented - Knows and understands how to identify, analyze, and create efficient scalable and repeatable processes.
- Ability to communicate with brevity and clarity orally and through written communication to management, co-workers, and external customers.
- Planning skills -- includes qualifying and planning skills. Develop wholesale strategic planning capabilities, goals, objectives, revenue, margin targets.
- Technical skills -- includes product knowledge, business acumen, and competitive knowledge. Continually grow technical capability and increase market and competitive intelligence.
Leads work teams (assigns, coordinates, and checks work) for employees performing similar work
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled