Cincinnati Bell Network Engineer III in Cincinnati, Ohio
Provide network configuration and administration as a member of the CBTS network team. Responsible for implementation and support of network devices along with network design. Responsible for on-call/escalated support for operations of CBTS managed customer networks.
- Routing/switching/firewalls -- The configuration, support, and troubleshooting of complex customer environments that encompass multiple datacenters (50%)
- Network Design -- Design and build datacenter networks (20%)
- Load balancing/Wireless -- Supporting existing customers and the escalation point for tier II questions and issues (10%)
- IPS -- Design and build as well as maintain existing customer IPS devices (10%)
- On-call support for the above (10%)
- 8 to 10 years of experience
- Four years of College resulting in a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Cisco is the focus but Meraki, Juniper, Fortinet and F5, Checkpoint, and Arista are all devices we work on
- Experience with BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP with ISPs or large corporate LAN/WANs
- MPLS VPN and VRF design and configuration.
- Site-to-site VPNs along with client VPNs
- IPv4 and IPv6 subnetting
- LAN/WAN technologies including STP, QoS, NAT, SNMP, multicast, etc.
- Securing networks with ASAs and IOS devices
- Cisco Firepower IPS configuration and troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot complex networks to identify root cause issue
- Linux experience
- Experience with packet capture programs -- Wireshark
- Communication / Customer skills
No Supervisory Responsibility
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled