Cincinnati Bell Safety & OSHA Compliance Manager in Cincinnati, Ohio
Safety & OSHA Compliance Manager
Administer the Company's safety, health and ergonomic programs and policies to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal occupational safety and health regulations other applicable laws. Ensures consistency across all entities in terms of basic safety training, tracking, etc.
•Contribute to the development of the Company's safety, health and ergonomic programs and policies to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
•Complete and file required forms, logs and reports for governing agencies such as Department of Transportation (DOT) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
•Investigate and report on motor vehicle and on-the-job accidents, ergonomic inquiries, fires and safety complaints/issues
•Conduct field safety and building inspections and audits, create reports and implement recommendations to correct or prevent violations
•Monitor potential industrial hazard situations (e.g., lead, asbestos)
•Conduct any necessary in-house safety training and acts as the subject matter expert to review and assist all other training facilitators
•Counsels managers and employees on safety, health and ergonomic issues
•Monitor the work of contract employees and vendors to create a healthy, safe work environment for employees
• Four years of College resulting in a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) and/or Certified safety Professional (CSP)
• 3 to 5 years experience
• Experience working under OSHA regulations including reviewing and implementing new regulations
• Experience conducting air and bulk sampling for hazardous materials
• Experience maintaining OSHA log and recordkeeping requirements
• Experience investigating accidents and writing report
• Experience conducting ergonomic audits
• Current knowledge of health, safety and ergonomic regulations and laws
• Professional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to conduct audits and investigations, write up findings and make recommendations
• Ability to interact with and influence peers and management
• Ability to direct the work of contract employees and vendors
Work is typically performed in an office environment and at outdoor worksites in all types of weather conditions. May also be required to climb ladders and enter manholes.
Cincinnati Bell and Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and we provide reasonable accommodations for qualifying individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application and interview procedures. If you would like to request an ADA accommodation for any part of the application and/or interview process, please contact our HR Compliance Department at(513) 841-6310or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you should have any difficulty, you may use our alternative methods to express your interest in employment. A wonderful career awaits you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.