Cincinnati Bell Senior Manager - Learning & Development in Cincinnati, Ohio
This position is responsible for leading the design and delivery of programs to support learning and development of employees representing our IT services organizations: CBTS, OnX Canada and will support the efforts of Entertainment & Communications (E&C) Business Sales. These organizations focus on selling technology solutions to organizations of all types and sizes to make them more efficient, lower costs and improve productivity through technology. Their employees are located throughout North America, with concentrations in Cincinnati and Toronto.
Focus will start off with sales but will also branch out into technical employee development. This individual will also manage the day-to-day development and management of learning across the board for the entire employee population of about 2,200 employees. This individual will also lead the team that’s focused on CBTS & OnX Canada learning and development.
Instructional Design & Development (40%)
- Leads the development and management of the sales development programs which are a high priority for both companies.
- Designs, develops, implements, and maintains web-based training, digital and in-person learning for the business.
- Listens to employee feedback and recommends/coordinates educational content for all areas of CBTS, OnX Canada & E&C Business Sales
- For the important initiatives, tracks and achieves Level 4 impact via the Kirkpatrick model.
Deployment & Delivery (30%)
- Deploys learning content across CBTS & OnX Canada. Will assist E&C Business Sales, as necessary.
- Provides reporting from Levels 1 to 4 of the Kirkpatrick model, depending on initiative.
Collaboration with Cross-Functional Groups (20%)
- Works with subject matter experts to identify priority of messaging, target audience, and metrics for success (ROI).
- Collaborates with executives in cross-functional areas to align on and prioritize the best learning approach to meet organizational objectives.
Lead CBTS L&D team (10%)
- Provide guidance to CBTS Learning & Development team.
- Guide and encourage personal and professional growth of team members.
- 7 to 10 years of experience (required)
- L&D program/curriculum development, both online and in-person (required)
- Training facilitation experience, both online and in-person (required)
- Experience with creating and managing sales development programs (preferred)
- Experience working in high tech, technology-based company (preferred)
- Instructional design (preferred)
- Copywriting & Scripting (preferred)
Four years of College resulting in a bachelor's degree or equivalent
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Comfort with utilizing video communications platforms (i.e., Webex Training Center, etc.) for training purposes.
- Comfort with how to build-in ROI measurement into major learning initiatives.
- Comfort with utilizing eLearning software (such as Articulate Storyline) and managing Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Organization skills / project management skills will be necessary to manage the various projects being worked on at one time.
Manages subordinate supervisors/managers
Four years of College resulting in a Bachelor-s Degree or equivalent
Thorough technical knowledge of the access networks and the associated elements including GPON, DSLAMs platforms, management platforms and networking, or similar relevant technologies.
Proficient problem solving skills
Certifications desirable at hire, will be required in the position *
Proficient in managing multiple projects simultaneously and tracking/ managing issues to resolution
Strong interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written)
Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
Ability to lead and mentor less experienced personnel in completing technically oriented tasks
Computer skills - familiarity with word processors, spreadsheets, database software and communications transmission protocols
Availability for 24x7 on-call duty
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled