Cincinnati Bell Senior Systems Engineer in Cincinnati, Ohio
Senior Systems Engineer
Regional Area Cincinnati Metro Area
Primary Background End User Services
Job Number: JN -082021-5755
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Responsible for the technical design, planning and implementation of enterprise infrastructure and applications ensuring security, availability, integrity and confidentiality of production environments. Serves as a technical expert in the system administration of operating systems, active directory and group policy (Local and Cloud based) elements. Provides recommendations for the design and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Develops, promotes and enforces standard operating procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develops new system and application implementation plans, scripts and testing procedures to ensure reliability and high availability. Trains technical service staff on the use and maintenance of enterprise infrastructure and applications.
· Administers and maintains Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint (associated permissions, upgrades and site maintenance).
· Responsible for monitoring system performance, operation and storage utilization.
· Manages and monitors server health, functionality, security, patching and upgrades.
· Conducts clean-up, management and configuration of SharePoint accounts and sites.
· Establishes guidelines and methods for the installation and management of host/server operating systems, disk arrays, fiber channel switches, and other operational components.
· Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance for mission critical host and server resources.
· Manages Intranet and Extranet sites (active directory, structure, content, site quotas and file size limits).
· Monitors system logs and tunes server systems to achieve optimum performance and availability levels.
· Performs installations and upgrades to operating systems and server-based software packages and hardware components.
· Assists with implementing and supporting server infrastructure (hardware/software) at local and cloud disaster recovery sites.
· Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related area required.
· Four years of experience installing, updating and maintaining server resources, services and enterprise applications.
· Knowledge and experience supporting Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint (administration, troubleshooting, maintenance) and installation of Service Packs and Cumulative Updates.
· Experience with third party enterprise administration applications (ex. Orion, EventSentry, McAfee, Syslog, CyberArk).
· Knowledge of performance tuning, storage management, enterprise backups, high availability and disaster recovery.
· Two years of experience configuring and maintaining a Cloud environment (ex. Microsoft Azure - Active Directory, Storage, IaaS, Hyper-V)
· Knowledge and experience working with virtual computing solutions (Azure, Hyper-V, Nutanix) and Enterprise Storage (ex. PURE) to create a highly available disaster recovery strategy.
· Extensive experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Networking, network security, protocols (TCP/IP and related protocols such as DHCP, WINS, DNS, SMTP, and SNMP); and networking products such as switches, IP routers and firewalls.
· Advanced analytical and problem solving skills to identify research and resolve server problems effectively and efficiently.
· Effective ability to facilitate interactions with Bank and non-Bank contacts to obtain and disseminate information and resolve complex problems.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, to interact effectively with internal and external contacts in identifying and resolving issues.
· Demonstrates a commitment to diversity and inclusion. Promotes an environment of empathy and respect, ensures the inclusion of all team members, and will actively engage in D&I events and learning opportunities.
Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutionsprovides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.