Cincinnati Bell Microsoft O365 Cloud Architect - Engineer II in Remote, United States
The CBTS Cloud Practice is a dynamic, fast-paced environment with a diverse group of professionals focused on designing and hands-on delivery of public and private compute based solutions for our Cloud Services customers. We have a new position and are seeking an energetic Cloud Architect/Engineer with an obsessive focus on customer satisfaction, applying technology to solve today's IT problems, and building industry leading cloud solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of our go to market products, maturity, and evolution of our cloud strategy, including productizing public and private cloud solutions. They will collaborate with our cross-functional teams of technologists, Practice Principals, Account Executives, and Enterprise Architects to assess customer environments, define requirements, and build out modern cloud-based solutions.
- Solution design, architecture, and implementation, supporting customer assessments and pre-sales engagements
- Designing and building private and public compute based solutions, supporting a Cloud Services model
- Coding and developing continuous automation/delivery processes and tools
- Training, attaining professional certifications, educating staff, personal growth and education
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in public or private cloud, including systems and network management, primarily in Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Thorough understanding of emerging hybrid cloud environments (public & private)
- Demonstrated ability to perform consulting, architecture, implementation, support, and migration to cloud platforms (e.g. Microsoft Azure, AWS, Red Hat Cloud Suite, Google Cloud Platform, OpenStack, VMware, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience providing outstanding customer service, exceptional technical resolution, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability in developing Infrastructure as Code utilizing Terraform, Ansible, PowerShell DSC, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, etc.
- Experience with containerization platforms such as Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, etc.
- Experience creating and utilizing continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- Experience working in an Agile or DevOps environment
- Linux/Unix/Windows system administration and scripting expertise
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and deliver a broad range of technology needs from start-up through ongoing support
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and experience evolving to Agile development lifecycles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Flexible, able to change direction quickly, demonstrated attention to detail and quality
- Proven self-starter with a strong sense of accountability, high degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision
- Bachelor's Degree Required
Certifications, Accreditations, Licenses
- Current professional industry certifications (MCSE: Cloud Platform and Architecture, Google Certified Professional - Cloud Architect, AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional) are all a plus
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Significant experience in modern data architecture and platforms
- Experience designing and operating disaster recovery and data protection solutions
- Demonstrated ability to compliment account managers, acting as a pre-sales engineer to identify Cloud opportunities for new and existing customers
- Experience defining and creating Statements of Work for customer engagements, based on customer requirements and practice methodology
- Ability to analyze and interpret application performance data, providing assessments and designing solutions derived from empirical data and customer business requirements
- Application and platform development skills are a plus
- A proven operational mindset and approach for designing and implementing cloud solutions
- Up to 25% travel may be required for pre and post-sales engagements
- Modern office environment, remote work as agreed with manager approval
- Strong team collaboration, including training across verticals in a modern, open atmosphere
Cincinnati Bell and CBTS is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and we provide reasonable accommodations for qualifying individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application and interview procedures. If you would like to request an ADA accommodation for any part of the application and/or interview process, please contact our HR Compliance Department at (513) 841-6310 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you should have any difficulty, you may use our alternative methods to express your interest in employment. A wonderful career awaits you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Leads work teams (assigns, coordinates, and checks work) for employees performing similar work
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled